Tuesday, October 26, 2004

When ... is Dunstan ... racing next?

This weekend is the Forster Half-Ironman .

This will be my 3rd 1/2 IM this season. Yeppoon was a real breakthrough race for me back in mid-August, I won the 25-29 age group and was 5th overall. Gold Coast was at the start of October, I won my age group again and was 7th fastest on the day.

At Half-Ironman and Ironman distance triathlon competitors are either Professionals who race for money (regardless of age) or 'age groupers' (like me). So far this season I've only been beaten by 3 age-group athletes; I'd like to keep it that way and am aiming to win the Michael Atkins Memorial Trophy this weekend for the fastest athlete outside of the Professional category.

My coach Mark has kindly lent me a full-carbon Trek with full Dura-Ace for the race. Its a bit lighter than my trusty old Cannondale and feels a bit more responsive on climbs too!

Watch this space for results!