Monday, November 07, 2005

Wow - what a weekend!


It was a good one so I thought I'd share...

On Friday night Cath and I left the clues for the treasure hunt. This involved a bit of crafty stencil work and some exploration of the more 'interesting' parts of our 5-floor warehouse complex.

On Saturday morning Rod took me to the St George Rowing Club. I used to do a lot of rowing between 1995 and 1999 before I started triathlon but I don't think I've been in a boat since then! The first outing was a time trial so I decided to go for a light paddle insted to get used to being in a boat again. Rod showed me the map of the waterways, coach Ron allocated my scull and off I went. Great to be back on the water and to my relief it all came back to me pretty quickly, although my balance was somewhat suspect! Second outing was a quad with Rod, Daniels and Andrew. It was great to be back in a crew boat, it felt great for a scratch crew and we even managed some cheeky starts which left me grinning broadly!

Our Hawaiian party kicked off with the treasure hunt. Teams had to answer 10 questions about the housemates by discovering clues around the building. The winning team of Andrew, Dan, Dan, Emma and Leilani scored 23.5 out of 30. Awesome! The questions are here (click link and scroll down) in case you missed out ;-)

Josh opened up a classy cocktail bar in his room and we served up Water Melon Martinis, Thailand Iced Teas, Lychee Lime Caprioscas and Tequila Mockingbirds until we ran out of ingredients. Lani's home made pesto and humus dips were a big hit too. Thanks to everyone who helped to pump up the pool. It was officially 'opened' and the party moved into phase 3...

Well I'm out of time so if you want to know the rest you'll need to find someone who was here. In the meantime click here to check out the rest of Emma's outstanding photos.

PS The award for the best outfit has to go to Wendy for her outstanding coconut bra which she was kind enough to share upon leaving! It was actually rather comfortable - I'm sure that Piers can confirm...






3 comments:

Dunstan said...

‘Aloha’ in 342

We’ve decided to extend the ‘aloha’ beyond our warehouse and to share it with the whole building. Many hints and some answers can be found in various parts of the building and its surrounds. Good luck and enjoy!

1. Items - How many items is the ‘aloha girl’ on the invite wearing?

2. Josh is our most recent arrival in the warehouse. What is his favourite word to describe a place, person or object that is ‘somewhat suspect’?

3. Our most recently departed housemate claims to be an ‘international man of mystery’. He is currently travelling in Asia with his girlfriend, but who is he and what is her name?

4. What is the total distance that is completed in an Ironman, to the nearest km?

5. Which 303 housemate already has a Hawaiian name? Hint: she was not named on the invite.

6. On your mission through the warehouse you are likely to encounter a somewhat popular pet goldfish who is well known throughout Surry Hills. What is his name, which ‘former housemate’ is his owner and what is his story?

7. How many ****ated words are there?

8. Which housemates work in Circular Quay, what do they do, who do they work for and who is taller?

9. It is a well known fact that the pocari, a distant relative of the ferret, is a small, furry mammal that can be found in the lava fields on the big island. Dehydrated hawaiians are always relieved to capture a live specimen as the sweat of pocari is highly isotonic. How many mg of sodium are there in a litre of pocari sweat?

10. Your reward for completing the treasure hunt is one of Josh’s finest cocktails. You will need to bring a tin of Lychees to complete your drink.

Anonymous said...

Where else can you go and get laid, smell beautiful flowers, jump in a wave pool and have available driks all night long - only at 303. Did I say laid - oops, I meant as in lei (must have been a Freudian slip...sorry ;-)

Such a shame that this little surfer dude had to bail early and miss most of the night. I missed all of the 'interesting' moments by the looks of the photos too. Shit.

Dan

Anonymous said...

I really missed out on another top 303 party.

While you were drinking in surry hills - it was a wet and dreary day in London...

I'll make the next one.