Sunday, December 24, 2006

Couch Surfing, WWOOFING and SERVAS

I've just signed up as a 'couch surfer'! It looks like a good way of connecting with like minded people, with the added benefit that you might be able crash on someone's couch for a few nights. Click here to see my "Couch Surfing Profile"


When I was in NZ I used the SERVAS organisation. I stayed with some really great hosts and I'd like to be a host in the future.


As part of my travels next year I'd like to deepen my experience of organic / biodynamic farming / sustainable living / alternative communities and I'm hoping that WWOOF (willing workers on organic farms) will provide some opportunities for this.

One way or another, I shouldn't be short of somewhere to stay! All of these organisations seem like a great way to establish a meaningful connection to a place when away from home. I'm hoping that my new housemates will be up for getting involved too as I'd love to offer our sofa bed!

No comments: