Monday, December 18, 2006

The Importance of Being Earnest

Click here the photos from our graduation performance!














Here is what I was thinking a week out...

I've never been involved in anything like this before, this final week is 'production week' and the best way I have of understanding it is to compare it to something I am more familiar with, the last week before a big triathlon / rowing event. There are 8 of us cast members plus our wonderful director Joanne Panagiotopolous and we are a tight team so it feels a little bit like our final week of rowing before Henley '97...

In both cases you are trying to build your energy and bring your performance to a peak at the right time. In both cases an outstanding performance involves reproducing the best from all the hours of practise you have put in but also creating a good mental space to allow something extra special to happen on the day. Great 'performances' seem to correlate quite strongly with 'letting go' and enjoying each moment as it unfolds... The biggest difference, as far as I can make out, is that I'd be spending most of the week ahead of a race with my feet up doing very little!

Oscar Wilde is a comic genius and you if we the team do our job well then the audience will certainly be laughing a great deal more than you ever did when you watched a race!

No comments: