Thursday, October 13, 2005

Observatory Sunrise and Briefing – Part 5

Last night was an awesome swim. I left it a bit late so swam out a km or so as the sun set. Beautiful! One of the venues was kicking off and as I floated in the ocean I took in the contrast between the calm of the ocean, with several fishing boats at anchor against the buzz of activity from the shore. Sadly, I returned to the shore to find that my bag, containing my towel, T-shirt and body glide had been taken. Fortunately my thongs (flip flops) and shorts, with the key to Mel’s hire car in the pocket were still there. Phew! On the way back I stopped by at the expo to seek out a free T-shirt and got the chance to try out the endless pool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Far out Dunstan!,

you never cease to amaze:)

glad to hear that your preparation has been strong.

I would like to join you for those sunsets...and perhaps a long island iced tea....though perhaps we will all have to wait for your welcome home celebrations...

keep it up mate,

cheers,

peter